Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 08:17 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
[snip]

What is controlling the date format from GNU coreutils? I suspect that
the timezone setting comes into play here, since setting the LC_TIME to
en_GB, en_US and sv_SE all give a 24 hour time format. This would also
be a desirable behaviour of Evolution: If you don't set any LC variables
and LC_CTYPE is equal to C, the timezone you are in cuold control the
time format. In my case I'm in using CET and this should result in a 24
hour time format. Maybe difficulties can arise in North and South
America depending on if you are in the same time zone and use different
time formats. Otherwise this could be a feasible idea.

this could never work. different countries sometimes share timezones but
(likely) want different time formats.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast