Re: [Evolution] Automated Configuration of Evolution Accounts

It should also follow an rfc822 email-address format.  i.e. local domain

Otherwise, it can be any string, it doesn't have to be the hostname/time, it just needs to be unique for that user.

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 08:55 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 21:29 +0800, Murray Trainer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have managed to automate most of my Evolution account setup using
> gconftool-2 and sed.  My problem at the moment is the generation of the
> uid value in the account string shown below.
>
> uid="1103529217 8931 0 vserver"
>
> The first value appears to be the time the account was created in
> seconds since 1/1/1970 and can be obtained using date +"%s".  The last
> value is obviously the hostname the account was created on (should it be
> hostname domain?).  I was wondering what the other values in the string
> are and how they are generated?

The uid just needs to be unique or a 1 in a trillion duplicate shot
anyhow.  The algorithm we use is iso time, pid, gid, ppid, a serial
number for the the program's run and the hostname.

-JP