[Evolution] Re: Migration of existing evolution to new partition?

Hi Carlos,

I do not share your view that this is a quiet list, perhaps compared with the suse-en list (200+ per day) it may be, but it seems that some of the issues take a bit of working through. I am currently sifting through the mail on synching of Evolution with a Palm Pilot (USB) and trying to put it all together so someone can just grab it and do it. So maybe folks are just off figuring stuff out for a while. I had my share of difficulties migrating data from 2.0.3 on one machine to 2.0.3 on another. I found my contacts list was visible to me but not to the "Find Now" feature. Guess what! after a successful synchronization with my Palm Pilot my contacts now work, and so does auto fill in email (the same process really). But now my contact list is full of duplicates. It will probably take a few more hours to figure out what is the best way to approach using a Palm with Evo. Maybe a Mini HOWTO is in order.

Michael (Not Zed) gave me a lot of help on the migration deal, so maybe a browse of the archives for January may help you.

Cheers

Andrew Greig