Re: [Evolution] Re: Welcome to Evolution!

I think his point is valid, Evolution-Exchange connector chokes on any
account with more than a couple of calendar entries a day (the dreaded
$HOME/.evolution/exchange/<user>@server/personal/subfolders/Calendar/cache.ics file from hell), and  it is
very slow and unstable with all accounts that handle more than a couple thousand emails on the Exchange
server.

The Exchange connector is slow and buggy, it is the main cause of
problems here at work. For some "light" users, Evolution it can go on
and on for weeks without a problem, but for the not so light users (50+
emails a day, multiple calendar entries, canceled or postponed meetings,
etc) it just doesn't cut it. It crashes at least once a day.

On the other hand, Evolution is fast enough and stable with either local
mail boxes (over NFS in our case) or accessing the Exchange server via
IMAP (no Calendar, though, and LDAP access to the Contacts is a bear to
configure on A/D).

What we suggest to our "heavy" users it to have some filters that will
archive their old/read email (more than 60 days old, read, not flagged,
etc) into local mail boxes. Evolution behaves acceptably as long as you
keep your inbox under 1K or so emails. For some of our users (namely the
CEO), 8K emails on his inbox in outlook was normal.

Erik.