RE: [Evolution] reinstall of evolution using old ~/.evolution data

From: Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe d umn edu>
To: evolution lists ximian com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:02:30 -0600
Subject: [Evolution] reinstall of evolution using old ~/.evolution data

hello,

i had to reinstall my os, and hence evolution. before i did this though,
i copied my ~/.evolution directory to another computer.

the reinstall went fine and i moved the .evolution directory back over,
fired up evolution-2.0 and it prompted me for information for my email
account. it looked like it never saw the .evolution directory. i
canceled the setup and moved my .evolution directory to .evolution.hold
and the went through the setup. then i moved .evolution.hold
to .evolution and started up evolution. it *looked* like everything went
fine, imap settings were all in order, all of my contanct info was
there, etc.

but, filters didnt work, auto completion in the "To:" field of composed
emails didnt work, the dates in my evolution stuff didnt show up under
the calendar in the gnome panel.

Matt,

For auto complettion in the To field look at:

Tools --> Options --> Autocompletion --> On This Computer

Thanks for your post. I reinstalled too and still hadn't figured out how to restore Evo until seeing your post. I guess bits and pieces of it is better than nothing. Maybe one day in the near future it will be easier.

Only one addressbook was restored and it's full of duplicates.

HTH,

Celsun