Re: [Evolution] "pocket" evolution

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 21:48 -0500, Luke Albers wrote:
On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 07:47 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Reasons for impracticability: the bulky ui, and the bulky memory use.

I realize it may be hard to estimate, but how much ram/flash space do
you think something like this would need on, say, an ipaq?  the
mail/calender etc programs for the ipaq arent real good.

iPaq running linux, or iPaq running microsoft?

BTW, when you buy an iPaq to install linux on, it still increases ms's
installed-base numbers, which contributes to convincing developers to
develop for (only) microsoft PDA's.  In other words, it contributes to
the stampede away from PalmOne hardware, Sharp hardware, &c to
microsoft.

One possibility is to run a VNC client on your PDA, and run evolution on
a full-blown linux host.  :)  I do this from time to time on my PalmOne
Tungsten C.  It works well enough, though it clearly isn't optimized for
the small screen.