[Evolution] ASCII version of HTML e-mail

I'm finding that when I compose HTML e-mail in evo with tables (I really
like being able to use HTML tables a lot), the HTML version looks great,
but a lot of MUA's, including GUI MUA's like Apple Mail and Mulberry, are
displaying the ASCII version instead of the HTML version.

...and unfortunately, that ASCII version seems to be all flattened out
into a linear list, rather than being a two dimensional representation
like I intended.

Is there some way I can coax evo into providing a better ASCII version,
like maybe piping the HTML through links -dump or something to get a good
ASCII version?

Thanks!