[Evolution] Evolution 2.2.3 and Exchange

Good afternoon.

The University moved to Exchange about a year ago. They only support Outlook. I was able to use Evolution
2.0.4 successfully. Evolution 2.2 and 2.4 will not work correctly. I am able to set up the account. It is
questionable if I am able to authenticate. The first time I click on "authenticate" I get the password
prompt. If I click on "authenticate" again I get the error message:

"Could not configure Exchange account because an unknown error occurred. Check the URL, user name, and
password, and try again."

If I try to connect to the server I get a variety of messages:

"Error while scanning floders in "Exchange server ....."
"Could not authenticate to server."

"Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: No such file or directory."

"Mailbox for user_name is not on this server."

The user name is "uconn\user_name"

The OWA Url is "http://exchange_server (Active Directory)/exchange/user_name"

I have tried other logical combinations to no avail.

Using Thunderbird with an IMAP account I am able to receive mail but not send mail.

Any suggestions (except to use Outlook) gratefully appreciated.

Ralph