Re: [Evolution] Exchange 2003 and Evolution connector problem
- From: ross jose lug udel edu (Ross Vandegrift)
- To: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Exchange 2003 and Evolution connector problem
- Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:47:38 -0000
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:59:46PM -0500, Romain P?lissier wrote:
I have started with a basic setup (smtp account to be sure that I can enter in the apps (if I try to
configure directly the exchange conenction, it crash)
in my email, I have entered firstname lastname myemailserver mydomain com (I have read that in the doc)
I have also imported the certificate into evolution and it appear in the root certificates store
then when I try to configure the exchange connection :
- owa url : https://myemailserver.mydoamin.com/exchange/myusername
This may be your problem. This format URL worked fine for me under
Evo 22. But when I switched to Evo 2.4, I coudln't read any mail.
I rectified the situation by:
1) Changing my OWA URL to https://emailserver/exchange
2) Deleting my ~/.evolution
- user name : combination of mydomain.com\myusername or my username don't know which one to use ...
I've never had to use domain\username, but I'll bet it varies based on
- password : plain text (the certificate server is not located on the same box as the email server and to
make it work I have setuped my iis/exchange box to accept plain text password
I haven't ever been able to get plain text passwords working. Again,
this could be an exchange setup difference, not sure. But Secure Auth
always works for me.
ross lug udel edu
"The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who
make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians
have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine
man in the bonds of Hell."
--St. Augustine, De Genesi ad Litteram, Book II, xviii, 37
] [Thread Prev