Re: [Evolution] Exchange 2003 and Evolution connector problem

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:59:46PM -0500, Romain P?lissier wrote:
Evolution:
I have started with a basic setup (smtp account to be sure that I can enter in the apps (if I try to
configure directly the exchange conenction, it crash)
in my email, I have entered firstname lastname myemailserver mydomain com (I have read that in the doc)
I have also imported the certificate into evolution and it appear in the root certificates store
then when I try to configure the exchange connection :
- owa url : https://myemailserver.mydoamin.com/exchange/myusername

This may be your problem.  This format URL worked fine for me under
Evo 22.  But when I switched to Evo 2.4, I coudln't read any mail.

I rectified the situation by:
1) Changing my OWA URL to https://emailserver/exchange
2) Deleting my ~/.evolution

- user name : combination of mydomain.com\myusername or my username don't know which one to use ...

I've never had to use domain\username, but I'll bet it varies based on
setup.

- password : plain text (the certificate server is not located on the same box as the email server and to
make it work I have setuped my iis/exchange box to accept plain text password

I haven't ever been able to get plain text passwords working.  Again,
this could be an exchange setup difference, not sure.  But Secure Auth
always works for me.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross lug udel edu