Re: [Evolution] Misc Evolution Problems

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 09:33 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
As far as I can see Evo does do that - certainly on my setup I have my
work email set to go out through my work SMTP server and my personal
mail to go out via my server, and the route is determined by which
'account' I use.   They are both IMAP servers though if it makes a
difference.  I presume you've checked that the sending options are set
correctly for each account.

P.

Yes, I believe sending option are set correctly because i can switch
back and forth between them and send to each smtp host.

If you create a message out of each account, and then hit send &
receive, you see it connecting to both mail servers?

I don't actually 'see' it connecting, but the headers on the mails and
the logs in the servers show that the mails are going via their correct
routes.

If I create a message from each account, hit send on both, and quickly
hit send & receive, (this is so I can see the popup box), I can see it
connect to both servers looking for new mail, but only one smtp
connection for sending mail.

Yes, there is only one smtp bar because there is only one outbox - but
the mails in the outbox 'know' where they are supposed to be going and
it works. (The 'Server:xxx' bit in the popup box is lying!) Try putting
evo into offline mode and then send emails with the different from
addresses, you should now have two emails in your outbox - look at the
source of those emails and there should be a header 'X-Evolution-
Transport' - that is what determines how evo sends them and should be
different for the two emails.  The header is removed when the mail is
sent.

P.