Re: [Evolution] Misc Evolution Problems

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 07:35 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
I'm not sure but do you have a reason why you want to do this? Does it
really matter what smtp server each mail account is sent from? Why not
bypass the complete thing and use sendmail on your local machine
instead?

Yes, I do have reasons. I use a branch office VPN connection to my
company network.

Reason 1) I do not want my personal mail routing through my company's
smtp server.

Then set up that account to use Sendmail rather than an smtp server at
all.
I have two (admittedly POP) accounts. One uses my webhosts smtp server,
the other uses sendmail. I don't seem to have a problem here with that -
perhaps do an upgrade to version 2.4.1?