Re: UI fixes and GNOME 2.14 timeline (was: Re: [Evolution] Error dialogs steal focus)

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 21:59 +0100, guenther wrote:
Cross-post on purpose.

If Evo pops up an error ("No route to host") while a different app has
the focus, the error dialog steals the focus.  While this is a minor
annoyance, the real problem is that after dismissing the error, the main
Evo window remains focused.

This even affects other Evo windows like the composer - I got a popup in
the middle of typing and after clocking OK I had to Alt-Tab to find this
composer window again.

Is this a known bug?

Yes it is. ALthough i really dont remember whats the bug id in
bugzilla.gnome.org - should look it up more thoroughly.

We had plans to fix up a lot this (UI stuff) for 2.6 (on priority
basis).

Just a reminder, time is running out. How are current plans and schedule
regarding fixing UI issues on priority?

...bugging master
hmm :-) Im taking on these things. Ive got Johnny working on UI with me.
We should be doing a lot of fixes. We probably, can fix as much as
issues as we can. Probably, in the wiki, we can list some of must fixes
and we can go based on that as well.