Re: [Evolution] Incorrect Unread Count for IMAP

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:30 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 09:18 -0500, L. Mark Stone wrote:
On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 19:42 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Now I am looking for a way to run Expunge on all folders, since running
expunge on each of more than two hundred folders is not too
efficient! :-)

File->Empty Trash.

Thanks Patrick. I presumed that menu entry only emptied the actual Trash
folder.  FWIW, it's "Actions > Empty Trash" on my version of Evo.

In Evo there is no "actual Trash folder". What you see as Trash is a
Virtual Folder that contains all messages marked as deleted in all
folders. This is actually a cool idea since it means it's easy to
undelete a message and return it to where it came from without
maintaining additional state -- it never actually left its original
folder. However it can be confusing if you use other MUAs since they
won't see the same Trash folder as Evo does.

Good to know; thanks!