Re: [Evolution] Incorrect Unread Count for IMAP

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 17:50 -0500, L. Mark Stone wrote:
On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 23:00 +0530, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:
On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 09:50 -0500, L. Mark Stone wrote:
Evo connects to an IMAP server that has about two hundred folders. It
does not store the IMAP mail locally. An increasing number of folders
have inaccurate "unread" counts; meaning Evo thinks there are unread
messages in the folder when in fact there are no messages in the folder
(I deleted them).

The IMAP server also has SquirrelMail, which does show an accurate read
count. So, I am thinking this is an Evo issue.

Edit->Prefernces->Mail Accounts

Edit the mail account configured and go to "Recieving Options"
there is a check box which reads "Check for new messages in all folders"
click that and it should work.

--
Shreyas

Thanks to all for your prompt replies.

The "Check for new messages in all folders" was already set. However, I
was able to solve the problem via Ctrl-E (Expunge).

Now I am looking for a way to run Expunge on all folders, since running
expunge on each of more than two hundred folders is not too
efficient! :-)

File->Empty Trash.

poc