Re: [Evolution] Importing my contacts from Outlook ...

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 14:38 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi,

Am Freitag, den 09.12.2005, 14:25 +0100 schrieb Kiffin Gish:
I want to move on over to Evolution. However, I have collected an
extensive list of contacts in Outlook and need an easy way to import
these into the new environment.

either use this phyton script:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-October/039709.html

or install Mozilla Thunderbird and get it to import the contacts from
the Outlook .pst file and then to export them as LDIF to import it into
Evolution.
[there is also a vCard/VCF to Thunderbird LDIF conversion tool available
at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=434405 .]

you can also export to csv in outlook, and then use the csv2vcard
utility that comes with evolution.

and at http://www.neotek.hu/ there is also a pretty interesting and
powerful app to convert.

(hmm. searching the archives brought up all those different answers. not
that bad, dudes.) :-)

cheerio,
andre