Re: [Evolution] Where are evolution email messages in filesystem?

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 13:05 -0700, mickeydog wrote:
what leads you to thinking that "Inbox" is a folder and not a file?
actually, it's the file you're looking for.
I respectfully disagree.
Inbox.sbd is a folder, but Inbox is a file.
I can edit it with a text editor.
I tried to simply delete the one message (which was the last and thus
and the end of the file).  For some reason, selecting and deleting just
that one message, after saving the changes resulted in a empty file,
possibly because i was using a text editor to edit what might be html
format and i screwed the html up.  I had backed up it, so no loss.
And evolution is running once again.

You must be using Evo in "3 pane" mode.

If you drag the horizonal separator bar all the way down to the
bottom, completely hiding the email, and thus maximizing the
"subject list", you can easily delete the offending email.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"What's your genius, perfect 20 years too late Monday morning
quarterback answer to how the US should have responded to the
Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? Oh wait, you're just talking crap
- you don't have a real answer, you're just regurgitating crap
from NPR."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=76597&cid=6839483