Re: [Evolution] Where are evolution email messages in filesystem?

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 15:09 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 20:55 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi,

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 12:39 -0700, mickeydog wrote:
i don't understand what you are saying.
Is each message a separate file?

no!

That would have been a better design.  mbox format simply does not scale
to tens of thousands of messages.

Install an IMAP server.  Pretty easy to do, and lets you do geeky
things like install fetchmail, an MTA, server-side filtering,
SpamAssassin, etc.

And it frees you from total reliance upon Evolution.  Heresy, you
say?  No.  It allows you to also install web mail so that you can
read your own email while away from home.  Also, sometimes Evo
"breaks".  When I installed Debian Unstable on my new computer
last month, Evo wouldn't install because of broken library depen-
dencies.  Because I had an IMAP server, I was able to use Sylpheed
until the broken library was fixed and I could install Evo.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I want to have children and I know my time is running out: I
want to have them while my parents are still young enough to take
care of them."
Rita Rudner