Re: [Evolution] Another nit pick.

To continue the nit picking....

To nit pick your nitpicking

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 01:58 +0100, guenther wrote:
Whenever I start a paragraph in the body of a message with the
preposition 'From' evolution greys out the sentence and marks it with an
'>'.  eg. ">From my reading and the help I have received here, I
understand that ..."

Since we are nitpicking... Evo does not gray out the line due to the
From, but rather cause your options are set to display quoted text in
gray. ;-)

The original sentence was greyed and had the > placed in front of it
automatically.  The quotation marks were placed there by me when I used
that sentence as an example in my post.  They were not used in my
original email where I first noticed this.  I will simply avoid using
'From' or 'To' at the beginning of a sentence in the future.  There not
naturally used that often anyways.

When Guenther said "quoted text" he didn't mean between quote marks, he
meant in the email context where mail that is quoted in a reply is
prefixed by a '>'.  You can set the colour of such text, and yours is
probably set to grey and hence, when a '>' is placed in front of the
'From' to escape it, it looks like quoted text, is coloured grey and
appears to be 'greyed out' - I set my quote text to red, so I suppose
mine would be 'redded out' :-)

Pete