Re: [Evolution] remove duplicate emails

Am Donnerstag, den 01.12.2005, 09:32 -0500 schrieb Graham Campbell:

Note that there is an ambiguity in how you define duplicate messages.
Multiple downloading from pop server results in true duplicates, but the
"reply to all" generally does not (the headers will have minor
differences).

Thanks for that.  I didn't tell you that I use IMAP and the duplicates
have to deleted over there.  But indeed, there is a copy of the mails,
because I use evolution often in offline mode (on my notebook), and have
all my emails here.  Do you think the script will work there too?

Do you think the two emails 'reply to all' have different Message-ID's?
I think every email has an Message-ID.  Why not just delete duplicates
by Message-ID?  I think also to mailing lists, the message id is the
same.

Martin