Re: [Evolution] Missing Groupwise features in evolution 2.4

That fixed the problem, mostly.

The steps I did were:

1. Disable the Groupwise account
2. Quit evolution and force shutdown
3. Restart evolution, and enable Groupwise.  The server would not let me log in.  So I repeated
step 2.
4. Still would not let me log in.  So I quit evolution, force shutdown, and kill E-D-S.  Restarted
E-D-S with GROUPWISE_DEBUG=1 and tee the output to a log file.
5. Restart evolution, and the groupwise calendar, task and contacts appeared.

I think the trick was killing E-D-S to force a fresh authentication.

There is a new problem (so far) but I'll start a new thread for that.

Scott

--- Scott Anderson <ee_in_co yahoo com> wrote:

--- chen <pchenthill novell com> wrote:

What is the version of evolution-data-server (right one to have is
1.4.1) u have ?

E-D-S version:

# /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.4 --version
evolution-data-server-Message: Starting server
Gnome evolution-data-server 1.4.1.1

I'll try the steps you suggested.

If you had created the account without the groupwise
account setup plugin enabled, your addressbook, Calendar, Tasks will not
appear. So with the groupwise account setup enabled, re-enabling the
account from preferences should get your calendar,tasks, addressbook. If
it still does not show up, run EDS in a seperate terminal
(<prefix>/libexec/evolution-data-server-<version>) with the environment
variable GROUPWISE_DEBUG set as 1, re-enable the account as mentioned
above from evolution.  See if any warnings appear in EDS. Please send it
to pchenthill novell com or kharish novell com . We shall look into it
and sort out the issue. You can also catch us in xchat (irc server,
GIMPNET), in #evolution, nicks: chen, harish.

thanks, Chenthill.