Re: [Evolution] Re: mail options

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:25 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:13:41 +0200, Riccardo Escher wrote:

I was searching in evolution (2.2.1) for the possibility to set e-mail
options like return-receipt or priority, but I didn't find nothing.
Does somebody know how to set these options?

These are evil features, because:
 * A high priority for you might be low priority or even spam for me
 * Return receipts, as discussed many times before, are immoral

To associate return receipts with (lack of) morality is a classic
example of "it depends on who's morality you are talking about".

Once upon a time the Evolution team was swearing that they will never
include these features.  Well, as Andre pointed out, r-rcpt was
implemented and I'm pretty sure that under the huge corporate pressure
(morons migrating from the proprietary world and asking for this kind of
crap) the "priority" will be implemented as well (soon).

Return Receipt, Priority & Message Read Receipt are very useful
when used judiciously, and I'm glad they are being implemented.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I'll call you women instead of girls, just so long as I get paid
more than you do."
Tom Lehrer