[Evolution] Maildir vs. POP functionality

All,

Have qmail running on a linux box.  Have Evolution running on same
box, as my mail client.

Previously, I used POP, with the behavior that I could remove the mail
from the Maildir and store it in local (i.e. Evolution-style)
directories.

I recently switched to mail delivery via the Maildir format (thinking
why use POP from the same machine that the mail server's running on).
But, the mail stays stored in the Maildir.  I suppose this is expected
behavior.

Is there a way to use Maildir delivery with Evolution, and have it
behave like POP in that you can pull the mail from the "server" into
"local" directories, and delete the mail on the server?

Thanks,
steve