[Evolution] Evolution 2.0.2 on RHEL4 (Gnome 2.8.x) - Mime Types

I am in the process of upgrading from RH9 to RHEL4, with that upgrade I
am going from Evolutoin 1.4 to Evolution 2.0.2.  My question is dealing
with the Mime types.  With the new Gnome 2.8 all my assocation have
moved to the XML format, and the
new /usr/share/mime  /usr/share/application folders.

Evolution does not seems to follow that?  Is Evolution 2.0.2 still using
the older format for mime under /usr/share/mime-info
and  /usr/share/application-registry??