Re: [Evolution] evolution 2.2 crashes

hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 04.08.2005, 13:28 +0200 schrieb postgate free fr:
I used to work with evolution 2.0.

which versions of 2.0.x and 2.2.x did/do you use *exactly*?

Since a few days the button "SEND/RECEIVE"
remained grey.

you did make sure that you've not been working offline, i assume. ;-)

 I tried to reinstall, upgrade to 2.2 and now evolution crashes
at start

naaa. "reinstalling" does not make sense at all. this isn't micros~1
windows. :-)
what does "evolution crashes at start" mean? can you see the evolution
window?
or does evo already die on the shell?

 with the message "evolution crashed unexpectedly. Inform
developpers..." (this a translation from french).

what is the output if you run evolution from a shell? if evolution
crashes, please take a look at section "Debugging Evolution's Crashes"
at
<http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml> and submit the
"debugging info" (it's called gdb stacktrace or backtrace) either on a
new bug report at http://bugzilla.gnome.org or post it again to this
list (posting to bugzilla is preferred by the developers, by the
way :-).

I did a backup of the whole .evolution directory.

for your interest: evolution stores your data in "$HOME/.evolution/",
your account settings in "$HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution" and your
passwords in "$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution".

What can I do to make it work again and get all my datas back ?

submit more and concrete information, currently too general... :-)

cheers & good luck,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!