Re: [Evolution] Gmail with Evolution

Gavin,

It looks like zproxy.gmail.com might be on the dsn.rfc-ignorant.org.  Check out http://www.rfc-ignorant.org site.  If that is the case I doubt it is an Evo problem.

Regards,

Matt

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 08:12 +0100, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Has anyone got this to work?

This used to work for me for a long while with evo as my client using
gmail as _both_ my incoming and sending server. However, then I started
getting this message when trying to send:

--------- copy of reject message ------------------

xfce xfce org

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 10): 554 Service unavailable; Client
host [zproxy.gmail.com] blocked using dsn.rfc-ignorant.org; Not
supporting null originator (DSN)

Advice from my local user group suggested changing back to using my
ISP's server for sending mail in my evo settings. Obvious really, but
that wasn't needed at first. So, in summary, it will work from within
evo but you may have to fiddle the outgoing server settings.

Gavin