[Evolution] Evolution and Palm

Can anyone tell me why evolution data server consumes 94% of my CPU when I try to sync my Palm Pilot and Evolution (using serial port)?  I have not been able to sync the two for several months!  The palm shows that it begins  by identifying the user, then synchronizing my address book, and then loses contact. Meanwhile evolution data server (v1.0) is sucking up my CPU for quite some time after the Palm gives up.

And what is additionally strange, maybe someone can explain this, the system monitor shows "evolution-data-server-1.0" with a status of sleeping and the CPU at over 90%.  How can a process be sleeping and using that much CPU?

BTW, I'm using Fedora C3 and it is "up2date".