Re: [Evolution] Best way to archive Evolution

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 07:38 +0200, Rob van Eerd wrote:

Hi there,

I used to be the Chairman of a local Scubadiving Club and now someone
else
has volunteered to take over this role.
Now I need to store 2,5 years of valuable E-Mails in such a way that
also
Windows users can reference it.

This is the hardest requirement.  I would suggest you store it on an
IMAP server somewhere, which supports multiple client access
(read-only?), and let them access it that way.  Or on an NNTP server is
another option.

Anything 'local' will be harder to distribute to multiple clients, let
alone different architectures.

I Just migrated from Evolution 1.something (FC2) to 2.something (FC3, I
do
not have the machine at hand to check versions) meaning I have the data
in
both the 1.x folders and the newer 2.x format.

Again, it is the windows end which is the harder thing to account for.
I guess it depends on if a server isn't a possible option, and what
formats windows clients support.

What's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks for this info. I already supposed this would be a difficult one.
However it's not necessary to access this information with mail-clients
etc. It's just that we need this info.
I'd like to store the info of the mails in some
Flat-/Word-/OpenOffice-/HTML-type-files so I can put them on a CD.
(References to) Attachments could be stored in some type of
document-/directory-structure.

Any further Ideas?

Cheers,
Rob.