Re: [Evolution] Questions on Evo 2

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 20:03 +0400, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Rodrigo Moya wrote:

1. Does Evolution 2 require Gnome 2.8 ? I have Gnome 2.4. Will I have to
upgrade Gnome in order to use Evo 2?

if you compile from sources, it should be ok. If installing packages,
those packages will probably depend on GNOME 2.6 or maybe 2.8.

I can build and install from sources. But I have two questions in this
case:

1. Is there a set of source packages that I need to download that will
be *sufficient*? Perhaps I could just download some entire directory? It
it's like 100 megs I don't mind :)

get gal, gtkhtml, libsoup, evolution-data-server and evolution. That
should be enough.

2. How do I go about upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0, after I build 2.0 from
sources and install it with make install?

run evolution-2.0, it will do the migration for you. And report any bug
you find.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>