Re: [Evolution] evolution exchange: cant send email

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 15:16 -0500, Fred Blaise wrote:
Hello all

I am having a pb with the evolution exchange connector. Everthing works fine,
but I cannot send email. I receive the following message:

Not too many thoughts on this I would recheck that the settings are as
follows:
Tools->Accounts->"ExchangeAccount"
Identity Tab:
1)Make sure email address is typed in a correct domain of company EX:
jeremey wise agilysys com
2) Make sure if Exchange is the mail system you have to use to relay
mail outbound check "Make this my default account"

Recieving Mail Tab:
1) ServerType= Exchange
2) Exchange Server = Server which you tested with web OWA access. DNS
resolvable name Ex: officemail.agilysys.com
3) SSL is set to never (in my case:>)
4) Check for supported password type worked for me Ex: Secure Password
5) I made sure to select "remember password"

Recieving Options:
1) Automatically check for new mail every [5] minutes (10 is typical)
2) Global Catalog Server: This is used for name lookup. Ask your admin
or point the the DNS server of your company if they are MS based and it
will likely be the correct server as this was likely given GC functions.
GCs should be one per large site for replica lookup.
3) Limit number of GAL (Global Address Lookup 50 is ok. Limits time to
get list of names back.
4) Mailbox Name: is the full CN name of your AD account. Ex:
Jeremey.Wise
5)OWA Path: should be the path put in after the server above to get your
web test of OWA to work Ex: /exchange ->
http://officemail.agilysys.com/exchange worked for web OWA.
6) Public folder: likely you primary exchange server. Exhange 2000/2003
has public folder replication and so most any exchange server will
function for this. Try to grab a local replica
7) Apply filters to incoming messages: I have this done to filter user
group emails and corporate 'spam'

Sending Mail
1) Server Type: Exchange (easy:>)

Defaults:
1) Drafts Folder: left default Ex: Drafts
2) Sent Messages: left default Ex: Sent

Security:
1) No options selected here....

---------
Error while performing operation.

Could not send message.
This might mean that your account is over quota..
---------

My account is not over quota... As a matter of fact, back on my slackware w/ evo
1.4.6, I have no pb. Webmail also works fine.

Anyone have an idea? pointers?

Also, my LDAP is not working... and I can't find anywhere to configure it...
Meaning it doesn't retrieve the users on the Exchange servers, schedule
information, etc...

Likely issue is that you have above GC server setting wrong. Their are
ways to further test this if this is still an issue once you check
above.
Thanks a lot.

fb.
____