Re: [Evolution] Red-carpet install of Evolution 2.0

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 14:14 +0200, Stephan Terblanche wrote:

I have been trying to install Evolution 2.0 via the red-carpet wget
method and when it has finished downloading the installer and I start
the process, it tells me that it cannot identify the OS

I don't use wget.. It hasn't worked for me since XD2..  Can you su run
red-carpet?if not, get it by going here..

if you have SuSE 9.1
http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/update-download.html?
distros=suse91

then download the 3 packages, and then..

then once it installs..

/etc/init.d/rcd start (to start the rcd daemon)

to get into red-carpet run "su red-carpet" in red-carpet add you user as
a superuser (only if you want to run red-carpet as a user) under "edit"
and "users" and add your local account. Then go into the channels and
Subscribe to any channel you want

If you want evo, Search for Evolution its listed as Evolution 1.5

Try That..
--Charles