Re: [Evolution] Tiff Fax viewer

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 22:30 +0200, Sam Przyswa wrote:
Hi,

We use Hylafax to send received fax via email in tiff G3 format, our
problem by default Evolution use Gimp to open Tiff file and it's not
able to open the fax pages.

presumably due to compression in TIFF images not being enabled by
default these days - if you're OK with rebuilding things then the
compression code for the TIFF image libraries is available at:

http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff

... however I never did get gthumb to notice the library upgrade and
ended up switching to XnView (whilst the UI is a little lacking in the
looks department, at least it works and does all the things I expect it
to). YMMV with getting Gimp to work nicely!

cheers,

Jules