Re: [Evolution] problems syncing address book

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:03 +0200, Ron Smits wrote:
I noticed this in the gpilotd log:

--- start log ---
eaddrconduit-Message:     doing fast sync

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Williams' 'Sue'
'']

eaddrconduit-Message:   matched

eaddrconduit-Message: Syncable
eaddrconduit-Message: replace_record: replace ['margriet Oosten' 'Harm'
''] with ['Williams' 'Sue' '']
--- end log ---

This is with evolution 1.5.93. The address belonging margriet Oosten was
indeed completely overwritten by the sue address. which is strange
because I only changed the sue williams address on the palm. I never
touched the oosten address.

Anybody any idea what happened here?

This can only occur I think if if the record id on the device matches
the id stored in the local cache file.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>