Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 20:00, guenther wrote:

Evolution 2.0 will have a build in (using SA) spam filter feature.
Final
release (tarballs) is due next Monday. (Now that's RSN... ;)

Guenther - I've been lurking (with Evolution 1.4.6 on SuSE 9 Pro) and
waiting for Evolution 2.0, hoping that it will address some annoyances
with 1.4.6, such as:

1. In Evolution Calendar, I set the alarm to signal me several hours
before each appointment. When the alarm window appears, it frequently
causes the application to crash.

2. Evolution frequently crashes on start-up. The error message indicates
a "segmentation fault." I have to close and re-start.

3. Cut-and-paste & copy-and-paste do not function reliably, whether
using the drop-down menu at <Edit> or using keyboard shortcuts
(Ctrl-Insert, Ctrl-Del, and Shift-Insert, or Ctrl-C etc.). This is also
true of OpenOffice and other apps.

4. Evolution is sooooo slooooowwww. There is a significant lag time at
just about every mouse click, e.g clicking on the tool bar to get a
drop-down menu, or even just placing the cursor in the message area. Any
movement is frequently accompanied by blurring.

Will 2.0 fix any or all of this?

Thanks. Kelly Morris