Re: [Evolution] Unable to fetch mail after unsafe shutdown

that's an EINPROGRESS system error. Evolution doesn't cache operations.

I have no idea what's causing it tho...

Jeff

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 04:49 -0400, Jason Ansel wrote:
My computer shutdown unexpectedly/abruptly because I made a typo when
modifying the source of a kernel module.

Evolution must have been in the middle of something right before this
unsafe shutdown, because now it seems to be stuck in somewhat broken
state.

Whenever i try to fetch mail from a remote server i get the error
message:

[QUOTE]
Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Unable to connect to POP server mail.someserver.com
Error sending password: Operation now in progress.
[/QUOTE]

This happens with POP and IMAP.  It happens with more than one server
and more than 1 account. But local mail retrieval works fine.

I tried moving ~/evolution and it still happens.  I tried rebooting and
wiping /tmp.

This is not a server side problem, because thunderbird can retrieve mail
from the server just fine and so can evolution on other machines.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where evolution caches this
"operation" so i can clear it and return evolution to working order.

I'm using Evolution 1.4.6.  On an up to date copy of Debian Sarge. With
a 2.4.27 kernel.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Ansel