[Evolution] disabled signature setting not sticking in 1.5

I don't seem to be able to disable my signature in Evo 1.5.93; if I go
to tools / settings / mail accounts / edit / identify, I can change the
signature setting from 'autogenerated' to 'none', but Evo seems to take
no notice of it.

Indeed, without even restarting Evo if I set it to none, hit OK, and
then go to compose a new message, it still includes a default signature
(selecting between autogenerate / none within the message composer
works, it's just the setting for the mail account that's not sticking)

Is this a known bug? If not, how/where is this setting stored? It's
possibly related to the problem I'm having with Evo not picking up the
Gnome font properties under Slackware, in that it appears Evo might be
ignoring a large part of the configuration for some reason. I'm still
trying to get to the bottom of that one (without any luck so far - even
manually changing the font config for Evo under
~/.gconfd/apps/evolution... doesn't result in the change being picked
up, despite gconfd-2 running)

Any ideas? Having to set it every time I compose a message is getting
annoying :-)

cheers,

Jules