[Evolution] Gui trouble -- to line and japanese input dissapears

Hello,

When I highlight anything on the To: line it disappears.

When I do it for the subject line, the text becomes white with a blue
background.

Ok so not such a big problem BUT...

The main problem is when using X input methods -- for Japanese started
as
LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP XMODIFIERS= im=kinput2 evolution &

In this case, after starting Japanese input with shift+space I can see
the icon indicating I am inputing in Japanese but NOTHING appears when I
type.

Usually you can see what you type and either use arrow keys to scroll to
the desired kanji or hit space to see all possible selections.

In evolution, you can not see what you are typing until you hit space to
see all the possible selections which is much more difficult to use than
normally for Japanese input.

Actually, with Japanese input or regular input in the to line, when the
text disappears you can get it back by focusing on it (clicking on it)
-- but in the case of Japanese -- it commits the text to your mail and
doesn't allow you select the kanji after focusing on it.  Clicking on it
should not enter it but rather just reposition the cursor.

I am using 1.4.6 under Fedora Core 2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--