Re: [Evolution] setting font size in message list / folder list? (1.5.93 / Slackware)

I've just got Evo 1.5.93 running on Slackware - the only issue being
that the font size for the message list and folder list is a little on
the large size. Is there anywhere I can change this within Evolution? (I
assume it's a global Gnome setting and for some reason Evo under
Slackware isn't picking the setting up)

Run 'gnome-font-properties' from a terminal. The Application Font
setting does control those font sizes as well.

You can find the Font Preferences 'gnome-font-properties' from the Gnome
Desktop Preferences, formerly known as Gnome Control Center, like the
executable still is named 'gnome-control-center'. Evolving naming
conventions can get confusing... ;)

I can change the message font size in preferences / mail prefs /
general, but of course that only affects messages and not the whole
application.

Yup, of course, as it can make sense to tweak them using different
values than the overall Gnome Desktop UI.

I believe if you set it to use "the same fonts as other applications"
your mail fonts will use the very same large fonts as you are seeing for
the lists currently.

However, I can't verify this ATM, cause calling Settings keeps crashing
my self built fresh Evolution 1.5.94.1 instantly -- reminds me of the
CONFIGURE_ARGS issue I had with some ancient devel versions...

Yay! for recovering unfinished messages. :)

Is Slackware ever likely to be officially supported by the way? I
haven't run it for about ten years, but after only an hour or so I'm
already glad that I ditched Redhat!

By "officially supported" you mean packages built by Ximian? Unlikely,
although I am by no means entitled to judge here.

...guenther