Re: [Evolution] evolution junk filtering

Also it might take awhile for the filter to "learn" what kind of spam you get....

To the person who suggested procmail:
Yes, client-side filtering is slower, because it has to download the messages and filter them while you're waiting for it. It is better to do on the server side, where filtering happens as messages arrive and you don't have to wait. But, server-side isn't always available, and isn't nearly as easy to train ("SSH to your IMAP server, and run the sa-learn command on messages that haven't been tagged properly" isn't exactly user friendly, or even available to all users). If you do it client-side via procmail, you'll still be waiting.

You can improve performance somewhat by running spamd; this is particularly useful when filtering multiple accounts... it's a must on the server side, but that's another topic.

a.

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 14:30 -0400, Feel the [Fury] wrote:
I installed spamassassin now...should work...somehow I missed it when
reading the evolution info, so makes sense now...thanks :)