Re: [Evolution] Evo splitting messages in odd ways

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 06:59, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

Mail here is delivered locally to a mailhub machine whose
/var/spool/mail directory is NFS mounted to clients like mine.

Thats brave.  I tried that for a while 10 years back, and decided that
NFS locking was such that there was no way I was going to do mbox
delivery over NFS (unless there was ever only one machine touching the
mailbox).

We do this a lot on our own systems, and our clients' systems, but I
agree, NFS can be a pretty good sparring partner.

To make NFS more resistant to silly problems, mount it with "noac" or
similar, and use procmail as your delivery agent.  When you build
procmail, it attempts to empirically determine the best way to do NFS
file locking for your OS.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg dcs nac uci edu>