Re: [Evolution] Logging LDAP activity in 2.0.1

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 16:30 +0200, Per Thomas Jahr wrote:

I'm having some problems with getting Evolution 2.0.1 to work together
with the company LDAP. Is there someway I can get a log file or some
more info from Evolution when it communicates with the LDAP server?

There is no error messages from Evolution but I can't get any results
when I search the LDAP either...

As someone suggested, start up /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.0 in
a different shell. You'll get output there.

On my system, evolution kills e-d-s when it starts up. If this happens
to you,

1) Start evolution.
2) killall evolution-data-server-1.0
3) /usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.0
4) Proceed with the LDAP activities.

The openldap walkthrough by Brian Ellis (elsewhere in this thread) works
exactly as advertised with Evolution 2.0.2 here, as long as "Use secure
connection" is set to "Never".

If you're still having problems, I suggest you file a bug at
http://bugzilla.ximian.com/simple-bug-guide.html with as much detail as
you can get.

--
Hans Petter