[Evolution] Running evo/Connector 2.0.x side by side with 1.4.x

Hi,

I'm having a horrible time with connector 2.x crashing up to 10 times daily, often with the result that it loses the transitioned data from 1.4.x and repeats the upgrade process.  In order to be able to work as well as try to to debug the issues, it would be good to be able to run the 1.4 version at the same time as 2.x, or at least alternate between the two, as opposed to running them concurrently.  However, because of the necessary GTKHtml upgrade to version 3(?) to run 2.x, the older version no longer displays calendar invitations - the usual summary and accept/decline pane is empty.  It seems that the only way to be able to work again is to backtrack all the relevant packages to the older versions.  This, of course makes getting debug info on 2.x a real pain, as I have to reinstall 2.x and GTKHtml 3.x.  Is there any way to get them to coexist, bearing in mind that these are red carpet installs as opposed to a local compile where I could at least t r! y changing the prefix?

Paul