Re: [Evolution] signatures

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 18:02 -0400, Ken Stevens wrote:
I haven't figured out how to make evolution raed a signature file. If
anyone knows I would appreciate the information. In either case, I do
have a signature script.

I would like it to come out as below (The script is a random signature
using fortune. In any case, the "--" gets added to the end of the email
without a CRLF. How would I insert one. (Although, I still would like to
use the .signature file.

Thanks, Ken

You could just use a bash script (make sure it's executable) like the
following:

#!/bin/bash
echo "<br>"
echo "-- <br>"
echo "Cheers,<br>"
echo "Trey<br>"
echo "---<br>"
echo "<br>"
fortune -s

Evolution requires html tags for formatting (such as the <br> tags for
spacing above).  Now just go to Tools -> Settings -> Composer Settings
and choose the Sigs tab and Script option and point to your file.

HTH.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Thieves respect property;
they merely wish the property to become their property
that they may more perfectly respect it.
-- G.K. Chesterton, "The Man Who Was Thursday"

Linux salamander 2.6.8-20041004142139-default #1 Mon Oct 4 14:21:39 UTC
2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux