Re: [Evolution] Autocompletion of contacts (when contact is not in addressbook)

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 12:00 -0400, Trey Sizemore wrote:
On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 15:46 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
I'm faced with this and I've seen MacOS do this.

Eg: You have no addreses in your addressbook (just say)

You have like a ton of mails in your inbox folder from 1000 different
email addresses.

I want to know if it's possible to just create a new message, type an
arbitary address and then evo will automatically scan the addresses
already in the Inbox folder and prompt for selection?

That would be pretty cool, but no way to do so "out-of-the-box" that I'm
aware of.

vcf is an open standard, isn't it?  If so, grep & shell, or maybe
perl or python could scan the mail folders, creating a big .vcf
file with all of the addresses in it.

Since .evolution/addressbook/local/system/addressbook.db is a
bdb file, it can be queried by perl/python so that duplicate addr-
esses won't get inserted.

Then, the .vcf can be imported into Evo.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"If the history of the past fifty years teaches us anything, it
is that peace does not follow disarmament -- disarmament follows
peace."
Bernard M Baruch