Re: [Evolution] Error installing evo 2

Beyond that, the installer in question only provides 1.4 packages.  It's
effectively a legacy installer at this point; 2.0 packages aren't
available through that installer.

-Mark Gordon

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 14:31 -0400, boricua pepino is-a-geek org wrote:
you distro is not supported
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:35:23PM -0400, Poohba wrote:
$wget -q -O - http://go.ximian.com |sh

go-ximian: 1.0 (Mon Jun  9 15:09:08 EDT 2003)
                                                                                First I'm going to verify
your RPM database.  Pre-existing problems
with your database could cause the Ximian Installer to fail, possibly
leading to system corruption.  This should only take a few seconds.
sh: line 578:  8578 Segmentation fault      rpm --verifydb >/dev/null
2>&1
                                                                                I've detected a possible
problem with your RPM database.  I'm going to try and repair the database, using the `rpm' command.  This
may take a few minutes to complete.  I'm also going to keep a full log of
everything I do in /var/cache/redcarpet/rpm-rebuild.log.
                                                                                If you'd rather examine
the database yourself, please press Control-C; otherwise, just hit ENTER.

                                                      I've successfully repaired your RPM database.
Press ENTER to proceed.

                                                      go-ximian: 1.0 (Mon Jun  9 15:09:08 EDT 2003)
                                                                                Ok, next I'm going to
grab the Ximian Installer program.
I just need you to select a mirror site from the following list.
Try to select a site which is near to you geographically.
                                                                                  [1]  Duke University
LUG               (Durham, NC, USA)
[2]  Planet Mirror                     (Australia)
[3]  Tampere University of Technology  (Finland)

Type the number of your preferred mirror here: 1
                                                                                go-ximian: 1.0 (Mon Jun
9 15:09:08 EDT 2003)
                                                                                I am now fetching the
Ximian Installer.
This can take a few minutes, so please be patient.

http://ximian.dulug.duke.edu/pub/ximian/installer/installer-i386.gz (2590K)
/var/cache/redcarpet/ins  [########################]    2590K |
51.86K/s 2652762 bytes transferred in 49.95 sec (51.86k/sec)
                                                                                Installer extracted into
/var/cache/redcarpet/installer-i386
Log of install will be in
/var/cache/redcarpet/installer.log.20041001143208
                                                                                Cleaning up temporary
files... done.

The installer was unable to identify your operating system.

Please mail the full text of this error to <distribution ximian com>.

installer-ng 1.2.6