[Evolution] Strange new IMAP error

Error message:

Error while 'Unsubscribing to folder "Trash"': IMAP command failed: UNSUBSCRIBE failed: Can't write subscription temporary file

Context:

Evo 1.4.5
Xandros Business Edition 2.0 (KDE based)

The reason this is crucial for me is that I can't access "Trash" folders via IMAP.  Evo seems to think it's its own Trash v-folder, until I unsubscribe and re-subscribe.

Where do I look for the proper permissions and environment for write temporary subscription files?  In other words, where is Evo trying to write the temporary file?

I suppose in the long term it would be nice to have IMAP folders not named "Trash".  Is there a nice tutorial somewhere on how to use the "Override server-supplied folder namespace" option in Settings?

Many thanks!

Jim
--
James D. Ivey <jim iveylaw com>