[Evolution] Fun with shared folders

I use Evo (2.0.2 on Fedora Core 3) with a Cyrus IMAP server. The server
admin recently created a couple of shared folders which I wanted to
access. This is what happened:

I went to "Tools->Suscribe to Folders" and selected the IMAP server. I
got the usual folder list, plus the entry "shared" (which is actually a
separate namespace on the server). However when I ticked the selection
box Evo complained that it couldn't subscribe to that folder.

Fair enough. I looked back over the mailing list and found a thread a
few months ago in which NotZed suggested creating a new account in order
to override the default server namespace. I went to Tools->Settings and
created the new account. All the config info was the same as my existing
account except that I selected "Override server namespace" and entered
"shared." (note the ".") in the text box.

The "shared" folder now appeared in the folder list panel for the new
account with the new shared folders beneath it. I didn't have to
subscribe to it. So far so good.

However ...

1) The folder panel now included all of my previously subscribed folders
from the original account as well as the new "shared" ones. In other
words, the server namespace wasn't overridden but added to. Not a big
deal in this case, but confusing.

2) My normal account config for this server vanished from the folder
panel, though not from the accounts config dialogue. Evo doesn't seem to
like having two different views of the same account on the same server.

I decided to delete the new account and rewind to my earlier state. On
doing this, my normal account reappeared in the folder panel (though
only after restarting Evo).

But ...

1) The shared folders now appear in the folder panel and are readable.
Note that this is supposedly my original config. I have "show only
subscribed folders" deselected.
2) When I go to "Tools->Subscribe to Folders" Evo says "this store does
not support subscriptions, or they are not enabled". Same thing happens
if "show only subscribed folders" is on or off.

Result: I can now see the shared folders from my normal account, but I
can't unsubscribe from anything.

Duh ...

poc