Re: [Evolution] Gmail SMTP Problems

Well anyway, I *solved* the problemusing other means. I can't really
upgrade to 2.0 right now so I wrote an SMTP proxy. Apparently, Gmail's
SMTP server discards authentication credentials if you did any EHLO
after authenticating. The SMTP proxy on Python did the trick.
Ok, cool.  And the problem rings a bell, i think 1.4 has a bug with this, from a mis-reading of the rfc (its been so long since we worked on it much).
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Free Software, putting the Free back in Free Market."