Re: [Evolution] Re: Gmail SMTP Problems

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:26:31 +0000, Eamonn Hamilton
<eamonn hamilton saic com> wrote:
Dunno if it helps, but I setup gmail yesterday using evolution 2.0.2
under debian.

Aside from having to specify smtp.gmail.com:587 as the sending server,
everything just fell into place. You do, however, have to enable your
gmail account for pop access through the web-page.

Well, since it worked with 2.0.x series, I guess everything is fixed
there. I traced the problem with Gmail's SMTP server not liking
sending another EHLO after autheticating, which is what 1.4.6 does. I
could not presently upgrade to 2.0.x series yet, so for now, what I
did is I made an SMTP proxy (less than 20 lines in Python). It's a
hack, but for now, it will do because I can't upgrade to 2.0.x until I
get some free time (resolving depndency stuff to build it on my
machine. not).

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong gmail com

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!
http://getfirefox.com