Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.6 losing connection to IMAP server

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 10:57 +0800, Rhys Johnson wrote:
Ok Evolution just lost connection with the imap server. I hit
"Send/Receive" and the receiving section of the pop-up box just sits
there trying to connect to the imap server. The sending mail smtp server
works fine.This is the error I get in the shell i was running evolution
from using CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1.

(evolution: 21167): evolution-shell-WARNING **: EvolutionActivityClient:
Unknown event from listener -- Clicked
Killed

This connection problem only arose since I upgraded my machine from
woody (the stable version of Debian Linux) to sarge (the unstable
version of Debian Linux). The upgrade was done since I was running
Evolution 1.05 and wanted to upgrade to 1.4.6 (which is only available
as a package in sarge). Ev1.05 was giving me grief. So I dont think the
connection dropping out is a networking problem. I am almost positive
there is a bug in the connection between courier-imap3.08-3 and
Evolution1.4.6-5 that causes it to disconnect.

I spoke to one guy on the courier-imap mailing list who said that he had
the same problem. He said that by upgrading to Evolution2.0 he has never
had the dropout problem again.
I am unable to upgrade to Evolution 2.0 since it is not available in
sarge.

Be a real geek: migrate to Sid.  You'll get upgrades much faster,
and in my experience, there are _very_few_ major bugs.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

YODA: Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code
maintainability. But beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than
one way to do it...default variables. The dark side of code
maintainability are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you
when code you write. If once you start down the dark path,
forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.