Re: [Evolution] Move behavior and remote trash folder

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 23:02 +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
[snip]
  However, there is no way (or at least I can't see it) to change the
  location of the Trash folder.  It keeps using a top level trash folder
  (listed inside the imap account tree) that seems to be local.

If I understand you correctly, these should  help:

/etc/courier/imapd

IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME

  I want it to use the trash folder in the server, so that deleting a
  message "archives" it.  In fact, I want no local mail _at all_.

  Is this "feature" unavailable on purpose?  If not, could it be added?
  Looks like it should be easy, given it's already present for Drafts
  and Sent.

- Whenever I move a mail between folders, a copy of it appears in the
  trash.  Eww, I've _moved_ it, not _deleted_ it.  This makes it
  impossible to apply the approach outlined above to manually move
  false negatives to the Spam folder, because a duplicate will be
  stored in the trash (i.e., in the Archive).

  It also leaves additional copies of messages in the trash when you
  move huge volumes of mail.

IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH

  Is this behavior intended?  If so, which is the rationale behind it?
  Could this be changed to a more normal behavior?  AFAICT, no other
  mail client behaves like this...

If any of these get a positive answer, what should I do?  Open a bug
report with "wishlist" priority?

Thank you very much,

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

Is "common sense" really valid? For example, is it "common
sense" to white-power racists that whites are superior to blacks,
and that those with brown skins are mud people?